12/7/13

Interviewed by 中国《北京青年周刊》(BQ Weekly, Beijing)






To my English readers, I apologized for not being able to translate the Chinese transcript of my interview with senior editor Zhang Na at Chinese BQ Weekly. However, I'd like to give you some highlights of the interview that you might find interesting...


The creative people who have influenced me are–––
The Italian renaissance polymath Leonard da Vinci for his unquenchable curiosity and creativity (check Flights of the Mind by Charles Nicholl, an excellent book about da Vinci)
The Japanese fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto for his simplicity in form and color
The German writer Patick Suskind for his talent to make writing sensual and vivid (check his most famous novel Perfume)
The Japanese architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa for their clean and modern elements (check their outstanding work Rolex Learning Center at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland)

FYI: In January, 2014, my scented art installation collaborated with the talented perfumer Christophe Laudamiel will be shown at Macau, China. I'll keep you posted about the detail of the exhibition soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment