12/29/13

the smell of Sartre's nothingness 薩特的虛無氣味


During Xmas and New Year period, I yearn for staying at home and doing nothing. I don’t check my messages, I keep my phone away at most times, and when it’s with me I only reply to the curator who is busy orchestrating an exhibition that I’ll be participating in Macau on January, 2014.

With the cozy fireplace lit, I light up an Assouline’s Books candle, pick out Elisabeth Gilbert’s The Signature of All Things, make some green tea, slump onto the couch, and read in the solitude of my own time, space, and mood. 

I know by doing so I can smell Sartre’s nothingness floating in the air––– a fresh and clean scent like L'eau Serge Lutens. It's a smell of simplicity and freedom that is often hard to come by in my hustle and bustle lifestyle.

聖誕和2014年元旦之間的假期,我渴望待在家裡無所事事。我不檢查我的短信,手機放得遠遠的,真要用它,也只是拿來回覆忙著策劃我2014一月澳門參加藝術展覽的策展人。

我升了壁爐內的溫暖柴火,點亮阿蘇利納的“書籍”香氛蠟燭,挑出作家伊麗莎白吉爾伯特的《一切事物的簽名》,泡上一壺綠茶,在沙發上舒展身體,讓自己擁抱時間,空間和情緒的孤獨。

我知道這麽做便可聞到了薩特的“虛無”氣味,那是一種類似
盧丹詩之水」(L'Eau Serge Lutens)純粹乾淨。我認為,簡單和自由的味道,有時很難在我的喧囂生活中聞出。

No comments:

Post a Comment